Physics II. (E021029)
|Departments:||ústav fyziky (12102)|
|Valid until:|| ??||Range:||2P+1C+1L|
Faraday's law of electromagnetic induction. Maxwell's equations, electromagnetic waves. Light, wave optics, geometrical optics. Quantum properties of electromagnetic waves. Interaction of radiation with matter. Photoelectric effect. Wave-particle mature of matter. Quantum-mechanical description of particle's motion. Hydrogen atom and periodic system of elements. Spectra, x-rays, ;laser. Band theory of solids, semiconductors. Nucleus, radioactivity, sources of nuclear energy. Laboratories - measurements of 6 experiments related to the lectures.
Mgr. Petr Ducháček
1. Faraday's law of electromagnetic induction, self-inductance, mutual inductance.
2. Maxwell's equations, displacement current.
3. Electromagnetic waves, interaction of radiation with matter. Light.
4. Geometrical optics.
5. Wave optics, interference. Special theory of relativity.
6. Particle nature of radiation. Photoelectric effect. Black-body radiation, the Compton effect.
7. Wave-particle nature of matter. De Broglie waves. The Heisenberg uncertainty principle.
8. Models of hydrogen atom, quantum numbers, electron spin.
9. Introduction into quantum mechanics - Schrodinger equation.
10. Particle in a box. Harmonic oscillator. Periodic system of elements.
11. Spectra, x-rays, laser. Molecular bonds.
12. Band theory of solids, semiconductors.
13. Radioactivity, activity, disintegration law, half-life, sources of nuclear energy, measurements.
14. Fundamental elementary particles, classification. Cosmology.
Structure of tutorial
Laboratory experimetns concern the topics corresponding to the actual lecture. Students are divided into groups of two. Each student must have his/her individual report from each measurement.
Vesela E., Physics II, CTU Publishing House, Prague, 2019
Vesela E., Vacek V.: Handbook of Laboratory Experiments in Physics, CTU Publishing House, Prague, 2017
Assessment is given to the student who successfully finished lab experiments + seminars. The exam consists from a written part + oral part.