Practical Class in Physics II. (E023012)
|Departments:||ústav fyziky (12102)|
|Valid until:|| ??||Range:||0P+2C+0L|
The subject is intended for students who need more detailed practising and improvement (including knowledge from former physics courses, or high-school knowledge) necessary for successful finishing Physics II course.The instructions are analogical to seminars with a short corresponding theoretical background. The link between physical concepts and methods of solution of typical problems is underlying.
1. Faraday's law of electromagnetic induction, self-inductance, mutual inductance.
2. Maxwell's equations, displacement current.
3. Electromagnetic waves, interaction of radiation with matter. Light.
4. Geometrical optics.
5. Wave optics, interference. Special theory of relativity.
6. Particle nature of radiation. Photoelectric effect. Black-body radiation, the Compton effect.
7. Wave-particle nature of matter. De Broglie waves. The Heisenberg uncertainty principle.
8. Models of hydrogen atom, quantum numbers, electron spin.
9. Introduction into quantum mechanics - Schrodinger equation.
10. Particle in a box. Harmonic oscillator. Periodic system of elements.
11. Spectra, x-rays, laser. Molecular bonds.
12. Band theory of solids, semiconductors.
13. Radioactivity, activity, disintegration law, half-life, sources of nuclear energy, measurements.
14. Fundamental elementary particles, classification. Cosmology.
Vesela E., Physics II, CTU Publishing House, Prague, 2019
Active presence on seminars + minimum 75 % of presence.