Power Cycles and Heat Engines (E151555)
|Katedra:||ústav energetiky (12115)|
|Platí do:|| ??||Rozsah:||2P+2C|
The subject PCHE clarify the energy sources such as fossil fuels, biomass including refuse-derived biomass fuels, nuclear, solar radiation, wind, geothermal, and ocean, then provides the terminology and units used for each energy resource and their equivalence. It includes an overview of the steam power cycle, gas turbines, internal combustion engines, Organic Rankine cycle, Hygroscopic cycles, Stirling engines, advanced fossil fuel power systems, and combined-cycle power plants. It outlines the development, current use, and future of nuclear fission.
Discussing methods for maximizing available energy, Energy Conversion surveys the latest advances in energy conversion from a wide variety of currently available energy sources. Summarizes ways to maximize the available energy from each source. Explores the role energy storage will play in an efficient and renewable energy future.
Ing. Ondřej Bartoš Ph.D.
1. Introduction. Basics of energy transformations. Primary energy sources. World energy consumption.
2. Basic energy transformation,Thermodynamic survey (1. and 2. law of TD, Efficiency of cycles, .)
3. Carnot cycle, definition of the basic cycle qualitative parameters
4. Simple Rankine cycle (principal, advantages.. Rankine cycle ( effect of temperature, pressure, back pressure, regenerative feed water heating)
5. Advance Rankine cycle, Supercritical steam cycles ( Parameters, materials).
6. Power plants contr. Heating plants.. Energy cycles in Nuclear PP (differences..
7. Turbines, Basic principles, description, Speed triangles, efficiency, performance.
8. Turbines cont.
9. Simple Brayton cycle (principal, advantages.. Brayton cycle (open, close, regeneration, pressure and temperature effect, reheating, inter-cooling, wet compression…
10. Combined cycles (parameters, HRSG, Q-T, repowering ….
11. Basic energy cycles with internal combustion. Diessel, Otto,…
12. Cooling cycles, CoP,…
13. Organic Rankine cycles, Hygroscopic cycles, …
Goswami, D.Y.-Kreith, F.: Energy conversion, CRC Press
Key World Energy Statiscic 2021: EIA, www.iea.org/statistics/