Processing Lines (E181100)
|Departments:||ústav procesní a zpracov. techniky (12118)|
|Valid until:|| ??||Range:||3+2|
Philosophy of PL design, complex lines solution in relationship with other plants, wastes, energy economy, living environment. Marketing and PL design. Practical experience from PL design and service. PL of following branches: brewery, sugar industry, dairy industry, mills, bakeries, fat industry, starch industry, cooling plants etc.
Ing. Jan Skočilas Ph.D.
doc. Ing. Pavel Hoffman CSc.
doc. Ing. Pavel Hoffman CSc.
1. PL in food industry, basic terms of PL, balance sheet of PL (technology process).
2. Criteria of PL subdivisions, effects of PL on environment and environment on PL (mass, energy, information), goals of food industry.
3. PL design principles and steps (points of view of user, designer, manufacturer), types of reserves in PL.
4. Food chain, foods division according their durability, main reasons of food losses and destruction, water activity, ways of energy consumption reduction.
5. PL in dairies (flow sheet of a dairy, fresh milk reception, raw milk treatment - pasteri-sation and sterilation, market milk production, milk powder production).
6. PL in dairies (butter-making line and process of butter-making, yoghurt etc. produc-tion, ice cream production, curd and cheese production).
7. Malt production (flow sheet of a PL, barley reception, barley steeping, barley sprout-ing (malting, germination), malt drying, final malt treatment).
8. Beer production (flow sheet of PL, reception, cleaning and storage of raw materials, malt preparation, brewing house - technology and vessels, wort cooling and filtration, fermentation cellar and CC tanks, storage cellar incl. beer cooling and filtration, yeast culture plant, bottling plant, KEGs).
9. PL in sugar factiories (flow sheet of PL, beet reception and storage, beet cleaning, washing and slicing, juice extraction and pulp pressing, lime kiln and lime slaker, kuice clarification, cane sugar factories).
10. Pl in sugar factories (juice evaporator and steam/vapour system, boiling plant (crys-tallisation) for raw and white sugar production, sugar final treatment, thermal power station, waste water treatment, condensation station, new trends in technology).
11. PL for flour production - mills (flow sheet of PL, grain - description and composi-tion, grain cleaning, grain preparation before milling, gain milling, flour, semolina etc. cleaning and screening).
12. PL in bakeries (flow sheet of PL, PL for bread production + leaven preparation, proc-esses proceed during bread baking and in baked bread, PL for rolls etc. production, bakery ovens - dividing, types description).
13. PL for starch production (saccharides = sugars and starches, raw materials for starch production, their quality, costs and problems, , flow sheet of PL for starch production from potatoes and maize, starch milk refining, starch treatment (hydrolysis), modified starches).
14. PL for oil etc. production (fats and raw materials for edible oils and spreads produc-tion, flow chart of PL for raw oil production from oily seeds, raw oil refining, table oil production, spreads production).
Structure of tutorial
1. Economic analysis of thermal and pressure pasteurisations of juice.
2. Determination of heat losses of a concrete silo for sugar and a fan project.
3. Comparison of effects of tubular and plate heat exchangers (juice heating and waste heat utilization).
4. Comparison of syrup heating with perforated tubes or plate heat exchangers.
5. Belt dryer without and with drying air recirculation - effects on energy consumption.
6. Plate heat exchanger calculation - effects of acceptable pressure loss utilization.
7. Utilization of nanofiltration of juice - points of view of capacity and economy.
8. Balance and operation parameters of a fluid bed dryer designed for sugar and used for pulp.
9. Simplified balance of line for milk powder production - part 1: (mass balance, pas-teuriser, evaporator, spray dryer)
10. Simplified balance and design of the line - part 2: (ways of control, possibilities of the line optimization)
11. Simplified balance of the line - part 3 (possibilities of the line optimization).
12. Design and calculation of a sugar juice evaporator - part 1.
13. Design and calculation of a sugar juice evaporator - part 2 (the evaporator optimiza-tion = energy saving).
14. Final test
Excursions to a brewery, bakery or Coca-Cola.
Hoffman P., Filková I.: Výrobní linky potravinářské. Skriptum ČVUT
Hocking M.B.: Chemical technology and pollution control, Elsevier 2005
CD Rom with lectures and exercises