Heat Processes and Heat Exchangers (E181117)
|Katedra:||ústav procesní a zpracov. techniky (12118)|
|Platí do:|| ??||Rozsah:||3P+1.7C+0.3L|
Theoretical foundations of thermodynamic and hydrodynamic calculation of heat exchangers and their design. Theoretical foundations of thermodynamic calculation and design of evaporators and dryers. Heat treatment of foodstuffs and nonconventional methods of their heating (direct ohmic heating and microwave heating). The students will have laboratory exercises/measurements in pilot plant laboratory where they will deal with measurement on real processes and process apparatuses.
• Heat exchangers. Classification, functional description and design. The TEMA standard.
• Thermal and hydraulic calculation of heat exchangers. Mass, enthalpy and exergy balance, convective heat transfer and pressure losses of heat exchangers. Design and rating of heat exchangers – LMTD method, thermal effectiveness method and Roetzel-Spang method (Heat Atlas).
• Temperature profiles in shell and tube heat exchangers and compact heat exchangers based on a solution of the differential equations describing temperature profiles (Luo, Li, Roetzel). The zonal (cell) method.
• An overall heat transfer coefficient. Convective heat transfer coefficients and pressure losses in plate heat exchangers and shell and tube heat exchangers (Martin, Bell-Delaware).
• Fouling in heat exchangers. Heat transfer intensification (modification of heat transfer surface, swirlers, nanoparticles).
• Compact heat exchangers. Finned heat exchangers. Fin effect.
• A heat exchanger optimization and heat exchanger networks (EGM, PINCH)
• Measurement of a heat transfer and pressure drop of the heat exchanger and its mathematical model. Measurement of the convective heat transfer coefficient.
• Heat transfer at pool and convective boiling (Chen) and condensation (Nusselt). Batch heating and cooling.
• Evaporation and design of evaporators. Boiling point elevation. Single and multi-stage evaporators. Methods of energy consumption optimization (thermal vapor recompression, mechanical vapor recompression, heat pump).
• Drying and dryers. Contact, convective and spray drying. Single and multiple stage dryers. Drying air and dried material characteristics (wet air, sorption isotherm).
• Mass and enthalpy balance of drying process. Mathematical models of a first and second stage of drying. Spray dryers (atomizing of dried material, drying of droplet).
• Thermal treatment of foodstuffs. Unconventional method of the heating (direct ohmic heating and microwave heating).
• Green, D. W., Perry, R. H., Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook, Eighth Edition, McGraw-Hill: New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Mexico City, Milan, New Delhi, San Juan, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto (2008)
• Serth, R. W.: Process heat transfer: principles and applications, Elsevier Academic Press (2007)
• VDI Heat Atlas, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg (2010)
• Standards of the Tubular Exchangers Manufacturers Association, TEMA, New York (2007)
• Electronic resources (ScienceDirect, IOP, SpringerLink, Wiley Online Library)