|Departments:||ústav procesní a zpracov. techniky (12118)|
|Valid until:|| ??||Range:||2P+1C|
General chemistry from the point of view of mechanical and process engineering. Physical chemistry forms 2/3 of the course (structure and properties of matter, thermodynamics, phase equilibrium, chemical reactions, reaction engineering), the remaining 1/3 is devoted to organic chemistry (hydrocarbons, polymers) and biochemistry. Laboratory practice is oriented upon the material properties measurement.
Ing. Jaromír Štancl Ph.D.
prof. Ing. Rudolf Žitný CSc.
1. Scope and classification of chemistry
2. Matter, properties, units. Structure of matter (periodical table, notation) and bonding.
3. Mass balancing, stochiometry of chemical reactions.
4. State variables p,v,T, state equations (ideal gas, Van der Waals, Redlich Kwong).
5. Heat and energies, internal and total energy, enthalpy of phase and chemical changes.
6. First and second law of thermodynamics, entropy, Gibbs energy. Examples of industrial processes energy balancing (feasibility of chemical reactions)
7. Phase equilibrium in one-component systems - phase diagrams.
8. Equilibrium in multicomponent systems (Raoult's law, Henry's law, phase diagrams).
9. Chemical reactions classification. Rate of chemical reactions (reaction mechanisms, reaction order, Arrhenius equation, catalysis). Equilibrium of chemical reactions.
10. Reaction engineering, batch and continuous reactors, residence time distribution, conversion in segregated and maximum mixedness flows.
11. Organic chemistry (hydrocarbons, functional groups)
12. Polymers, properties of plasts
13. Biochemistry (proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleotides).
14. Bio-reactions, bio and food engineering.
Structure of tutorial
1. Laboratory experiments: concentration
2. Laboratory experiments pH
3. State equations (Excel)
4. Laboratory experiments (phase changes, p-T measurement)
5. Reaction enthalpy
6. Feasibility of chemical reactions
Žitný, R., Krýsa, J.: Chemistry, Introductory Course. CTU Publishing House, Prague 1998, http://www.fsid.cvut.cz/cz/u218/pedagog/predmety/1rocnik/chemaj/bookchem.htm
structure of matter, periodic table of elements, bonding, thermodynamics, state equations, enthalpy, entropy, Gibbs energy, phase changes, chemical reactions, organic chemistry, biochemistry