Theory and Practise of Metal Forming (E331012)
|Departments:||ústav strojírenské technologie (12133)|
|Valid until:|| ??||Range:||3P+2C|
Fundamentals of metal forming theory. Stress-strain relationships in elasticity and plasticity. Methods for analyzing metalworking processes. Workability of metals. Individual constraints in metalforming and their influence on the forming process. Fundamentals of theory and practice of basic bulk metal and sheet metalworking processes. Calculation of energy and loads in forming, selection of forming equipment.
Ing. Martin Kubelka Ph.D.
Ing. Martin Kubelka Ph.D.
Ing. František Tatíček Ph.D.
doc. Ing. Jan Čermák CSc.
1. Classification of production methods, characteristics of metal forming processes
2. Tensile test - stress-strain curves, flow stress, deformation resistance
3. Stress-strain relationships in elasticity and plasticity, tensor calculation
4. Workability of metals
5. Overview of basic metal forming criteria
6. Methods for analyzing metalworking processes
7. Fundamentals of sheet metal forming theory, classification, shearing and bending
8. Deep drawing, loads and energy calculation, determination of forming limit strains
9. Heating process in metal forming processes
10. Fundamentals of bulk metal forming theory, classification, open die forging
11. Fundamentals of upsetting, rolling, and extrusion processes
12. Closed die forging processes and related operations
13. Metal forming machines classification, selection of forging equipment
Structure of tutorial
1. Safety instructions, a load-extension curve and stress-strain curve
2. Stress and strain calculations
3. Plain-strain compression (Ford test)
4. Determination of the strain-hardening exponent from the tensile test
5. Determination of deformation resistance by an upsetting test
6. Determination of plasticity reserve by means of a grid method
7. Limiting draw ratio (LDR) for the first draw
8. Measurement of the plastic anisotropy ratio; normal and planar anisotropy
9. Forging loads calculation according to Tomlenov
10. Methods of determining forming limit diagrams (K-G curves)
11. Measurement of loads in the extrusion processes
12. Calculations of loads and energy parameters in forming processes
13. Assessment, alternative students? reports
Valberg, H.S.: Applied Metal Forming inclluding FEM Analysis. Cambridge University Press, 2010
Hosford W.F., Caddell R.M.: Metal Forming - Mechanics and Metalurgy, 4th Edition. Cambridge University Press, 2011
E.M.Mielnik: Metalworking Science and Engineering, McGraw-Hill Inc., 1991
Finished bachelor graduation from a Technical University.