Fundamentals of Machining, Metrology and Product Design (E343041)
|Katedra:||ústav obrábění, proj. a metrologie (12134)|
|Platí do:|| ??||Rozsah:||2P+0.5C+0.5L|
Introduction to machining. Principle of cutting process. Working parameters. Cutting tools - general characteristics, geometry, designation and symbols. The basic machining processes, their mechanics, equipment, conditions, material removal rate determination. The shapes produced, commercial tolerance and surface finish obtained. Laboratories.
doc. Ing. Pavel Zeman Ph.D.
1) Basic production technologies, development of machining technologies and their division, basic concepts
2) Geometry of cutting tools - tool planes
3) Tool materials, coatings, overview, properties, use, correct tool selection, calculation of tool costs
4) Machining of rotating surfaces, achieved quality parameters - turning
5) Machining of flat and shaped surfaces, achieved quality parameters - milling
6) Clamping of tools and workpieces during turning and milling
7) Tool wear, causes of tool wear, course of wear, Taylor's relation, prediction of wear
8) Machining temperature, heat dissipation and heat balance, machining forces, chip formation, selection and optimization of cutting conditions
9) Machining of holes - drilling, boring, reaming, boring, shaping, broaching, machines and tools, clamping, material cutting
10) Finishing rotating surfaces, grinding and other technologies to achieve the highest quality and accuracy of surfaces
11) Finishing non-rotating surfaces, grinding and other technologies to achieve the highest quality and accuracy of surfaces
12) Achieved dimensional accuracy and surface quality of basic production technologies, basic means for quality control
13) Technological procedure, economics of machining process, optimization procedures, selection of suitable technology
1. Induction course, organization of laboratory works, safety standards, basic terminology of machining process.
2. Basic terminology of machining process - laboratory practice.
3. Basic terminology of machining process - cutting tools.
4. Real shop practice.
5. Real shop practice.
6. Real shop practice.
7. Credit test, submission of specifications, credit.
Boothroyd, G., Knight, W. A. Fundamentals of Machining and Machine Tools. Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York and Basel, 1989