Instrument Design I (E361103)
|Departments:||ústav přístrojové a řídící techniky (12110)|
|Valid until:|| ??||Range:||3P+1C|
Lectures give knowledge about basics of instruments design in order student would be able to design different kinds of mechanical and optomechanical instruments. Lectures highlight differences between design of standard mechanical engineering systems and measurements instruments.
doc. Ing. Jan Hošek Ph.D.
• Review of terms and physical and trade properties affecting instrument design, Abbe principle
• Review and properties of materials used for instruments design.
• Review and design of joining methods.
• Imaging and non-imaging optics elements mounting.
• Human eye, its properties and consequences for instrument design.
• Scales in instruments. Modular design approach.
• Review and design of linear guides.
• Review and design of supports and bearing.
• Review and design of couplings, clutches and flexible shafts.
• Involute and cycloidal teeth gears. Micrometric screws.
• Lever mechanisms, its advantages and limits.
• Design and properties of cam gears.
Structure of tutorial
Solution of examples and a review of design parts.
Trylinski, W., Fine mechanisms and precision instruments, principles of design, Pergamin Press, Warsaw, 1971,
Yoder, P., R., Jr., Opto-Mechanical system design, SpiePress, Washington, 2005
Knowledge of lectires matter, Presence on practices.
Design of instruments