Dependability of the Technical Equipment (E375010)
|Departments:||ústav přístrojové a řídící techniky (12110)|
|Valid until:|| ??||Range:||3P+1C|
Dependability and safety definition. Dependability and safety as a part of quality. Safety of technical objects - definition, legislature, risk analysis, risk management. Dependability managament, control and assurance. Dependability of technical objects during his life cycle. Performance measures of safety, durability, reliability, maintainability and availability, its probability and statistical models. Qualitative and quantitative methods of
dependability analysis (FMEA, FTA, RBD, MA, PC etc.), reliability prediction of systems. Means of systems dependability increasing. Evaluation and control of operational dependability. Dependability information systems
1. Concepts quality, product, process, system. Quality management, set of ISO 9000 standards. Safety and reliability as part of quality. Stages of the life cycle.
2. The definition of safety and dependability in a wider and a narrower sense. Quantification dependability. Indicators of dependability expendable objects.
3. Indicators of safety, durability, shelf life, reparability. The typical course of the failure of three periods, the practical implications.
4. Analysis of expressing dependability in relation to the typical course of failure.
5. Dependabilty of repairable objects - the recovery process. Readiness function.
6. Life cycle costs. Operational readiness. Qualitative and quantitative methods of reliability analysis. Method of Reliability Block Diagram (RBD) - serial model.
7. Dependability of systems - parallel and simple mixed model RBD (backup), bridge scheme.
8. Technical viability of backups - backups classification.
9. Summary and evaluation of options and means of enhancing reliability and safety systems. FMEA.
10. The principles and the use of methods of dependability analysis.
11. Legal responsibility for safety and dependability. Management of risks.
12. Guest operating dependability. Maintainability, supportability, maintenance.
13. Dependability management tools and its implementation.
Structure of tutorial
1. Selected concepts / relations of probability theory - examples.
2. Indicators of reliability - types, conversion. relations, the exponential plot. Indicators of life, reparability, shelf - examples.
3. Entering task 1. Evaluated products - indicators of reliability, availability, operational readiness - examples.
4. Test 1/3; Reliability of systems - serial, parallel and mixed model RBD (backup) examples.
5. Entering task 2. Bridge circuit, substitution unloaded backup, backup majority - examples.
6. Examples of the FMEA, FTA, PC.
Lecture slides and readings and other educational materials are provided by lecturer.
Submission of solution given task, passing the written test.
Dependability, Safety, Quality, ISO, TQM