Physics I.A (E02A041)
|Katedra:||ústav fyziky (12102)|
|Platí do:|| ??||Rozsah:||0P+0C|
Kinematics and dynamics of a particle motion. Principle of conservation of energy. System of particles, centre of mass. Rigid body. Continuum, elastic properties of bodies. Oscillations, waves. Fluid mechanics. Temperature and heat transfer. Kinetic theory of gases. Thermodynamics. Electric field, current, conductivity, resistance. Conductors, semiconductors, insulators. Magnetic field. Magnetic materials. Electromagnetic field. Laboratories - accuracy of measurements, systematic and random errors, uncertainty of direct and indirect measurements, regression, measurements of 11 various experiments related to the lectures.
1. Physical quantities - vectors and scalars. Kinematics of a particle motion in one dimension.
2. Motion in two or three dimensions, circular motion. Newton's laws of motion. Galileian transformation.
3. Motion equations, applications. Dynamics of a circular motion. Work and energy. Principle of conservation of energy. Momentum, impulse, collisions. Centre of mass. Rigid body. Rotational and translational motions, the torque. Conservation of momentum and angular momentum.
4. Gravitation, Newton's law of universal gravitations. Potential and intensity of a gravitational filed, satellites. Fluid mechanics, surface tension.
5. Continuity equation, Bernoulli's equation. Viscosity. Temperature, heat, calorimetry. Internal energy, first law of thermodynamics.
6. Thermodynamic processes. The Carnot cycle. Equipartition of energy theorem. The second law of thermodynamics, entropy, probability, information.
7. Elasticity, stress, strain, elastic moduli. SHM, the physical pendulum, the simple pendulum, damped oscillations, forced oscillations, resonance.
8. Mechanical waves, types, mathematical description, sound, beats, the Doppler effect.
9. Electric charge, electric filed, intensity. Electric flux, Gauss's law, electric potential.
10. Capacitors, capacitance, energy of electric field, Gauss' law in dielectrics.
11. Electric current, resistivity, resistance, electromotive force.
12. Direct-current circuits, Kirchhoff's rules, power and energy in electric circuits.
13. Magnetic field, the Hall effect, magnetic materials.
14. Mass spectrometer, cyclotron. Sources of magnetic filed, Ampere's law.
Young, H.D., Freedman, R.A.: Sears and Zemansky' University Physics, 10th edition, Addison-Wesley, 2000, Vesela E., Physics I, CTU Publishing House, Prague, 2003, Vesela E., Vacek V. Physics - Laboratory Experiments, CTU Publishinhg House, Prague 1999
Assessment is given to the student who successfully finished lab experiments + seminars. The exam consists from a written part + oral part.